A bad furnace at home is a not so good vibe, and hence it is very necessary to keep it serviced. Technically, a furnace needs to be cleaned at least once a year to maintain the efficiency of the HVAC system. Here’s a few points that will help you know that your furnace needs maintenance. Overheating the furnace is a huge problem. Sometimes your furnace just turns off and leaves your area cold rather than warm. The device may suffer a lot of damage if this problem is not well taken care of.
How to Know That The Furnace Has Overheated?
When the furnace automatically turns off and doesn’t turn back on, then the furnace might have been overheated. The furnace could be heating as the filter must be overfull. Sometimes the problem may be of a blower motor, and it may result in a humming sound while the rest of the heat might cause a major problem to the furnace. It is very necessary to look at these steps seriously as these might also lead to health hazards.
Resetting Your Furnace After Overheating
As soon as you realize that your furnace is overheating, you must follow the following steps –
- Bring the thermostat to its lowest setting. This will help you reduce the heat inside the furnace.
- Turn off the power of the furnace and the circuit breaker.
- In case of a gas furnace, keep the pilot gas supply on while turning off the main gas supply. The pilot supply will help keep the flame alive, while turning off the main supply will reduce the gas inside the furnace.
- Open back the gas supply once the remaining gas in the furnace flows away.
- Press the power button for 30 seconds. This will begin the auto-reset process in the furnace.
- Switch the power supply to the furnace to check if it’s performing fine or needs professional assistance.
- Adjust the thermostat to its normal temperature if the furnace is working fine.
What if This Process Does Not Work?
The warning signs should always be attended to to avoid the loss of money and health wisely. It is suggested to buy the annual HVAC service contract, so your furnace is well taken care of.
The above steps will resolve the issue, but if it doesn’t, the furnace might overheat again. In such cases, there might just be a minor issue. Usually,, the issue is with the airflow or the air filter, or a malfunctioning fan. This will lead to overheating as there won’t be any source for the heat in the furnace to leave. In such a case, professional help will be the best.
Search for a furnace tune-up service near me or a furnace repair service near me. You can also visit our website or connect with us on our social media, and we will try to resolve your issue at the earliest. We can make your furnace work again.